The moldless ceramic pressing system for large formats
Lamgea works with classic standard atomized materials, from stoneware to red body, monoporous, dry-ground and so on, with a consequent reduction in industrial costs.
The leading ceramic pressing technology for the production of large-format ceramic slabs up to 1800 x 4800 mm with variable thicknesses from 3 to 30 mm, making it possible to obtain sub-formats and structured surfaces of up to 2 mm of depth.
Lamgea guarantees an increase in productivity while maintaining high quality:
- production up to 17.000 sq.m/day
- maximum flexibility in changes of format and in variations in thickness and without any belt change
The pressing technology manages with only one belt all formats on a single structure saving costs, time and space.
- No warehouse needed to store molds
- Duration of upper belt: over 50,000 cycles
- Duration of lower belt: over 240.000 cycles
- The replacement of the belt from smooth to structured takes only 30 minutes
The atomized powders are laid on the belt with dispensers linked to a doctoring system. In the event of variations in humidity or granulometry in the extended layer of powder, the retroactive control system makes it possible to correct the thickness with the squeegee and automatically adjust it in the following cycle.
Thanks to the slow and even laying and to a pressing which is similarly slow and progressive, with still atomized material, Lamgea guarantees:
- improved uniformity on the entire surface with planarity up to 0.1 mm
- improved geometry of the fired piece with a caliber per side less than or equal to 2 mm
During the pressing phase without any mold the atomized materiali can expand without generating any residual stresses. This enables to produce big slabs and/or tiles, thinner and lighter weight per sq.m having the following benefits:
- lower consumption of raw materials and energy
- lower consumption of tools for rectification and lapping
- less waste during the rectification phase
- greater cost savings: 0.2-0.3 €/sq.m thanks to a better caliber and less material to be removed (values measured in industrial tests performed in Italy)
With Lamgea it’s possible to cut the ceramic surface after pressing and before being put into the kiln. The cutting system controlled by software is automatic and integrated into the line. This process highly reduces the warehouse producing on-demand and according to requirements.
The material recovered in the cutting phase is dry-ground directly at the side of the press and then mixed and inserted directly into the dispensers for the laying of the atomized material.
Thanks to the slow pressing process it is, in fact, able to manage pastes with a mix of virginand recycled atomized material, the latter to the extent of 50% (industrially tested value) and over.
With Lamgea it’s possible to recreate any type of structured surface and three-dimensional effect thanks to the possibility of engraving the upper belt with a laser, starting from a graphic file.
- 16.6 linear meters of extension
- Deep incision up to 3 mm
- High resolution
- Maximum geometric regularity (the pattern does not alter)